If you ever head to Columbus, Ohio and looking for things to do on Tripadvisor UK you’ll definitely want to consider making a visit to Eldorado Gaming’s Scioto Downs casino. With a massive range over 2,200 of the industry’s best games, entertainment and award-winning dining options, there’s something for everyone. You can even enjoy a drink at their very own microbrewery! If horse racing is more your thing and other entertainment found on naijagreen ZA, there’s plenty of it on offer between May and September in ElDorado, with simulcast wagering available for the rest of the year. If you fancy an overnight stay, there’s also a 118-room hotel managed separately by Hampton Inn and Suites.
So, why do guests love Scioto Downs so much? Recent reviews highlight the excellent service and food, fun atmosphere, and chances of earning good winnings. Customers also value their attentive staff, who are described as being helpful and friendly. The food offering at Scioto Downs is exceptional. In fact, they have won many awards for this alone in recent years.
What Else is On Offer at Scioto Downs?
Before we head into specifics, here’s a quick overview of what you’ll find there.
- Five restaurants and a ten-vessel microbrewery with open view brew room
- Over 2,200 video lottery terminals and gaming promotions which change each day
- Live horse racing from May to September
- Two heated outdoor gaming terraces
- A loyalty program called The ONE Club
- A newly refurbished bar featuring live entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights
- Separate entertainment spaces for private events or large groups
- A large 118 room hotel for those wanting to stay a couple of days
- An on-site gift shop
Types of Games on Offer. Choose from a range of over 2,200 of the most popular and latest games to play. Some of their most popular ones include Michael Jackson, Jackpot Party, Sex and the City, Cash Spin, the Wheel of Fortune, Tarzan and many others. Games can change from time to time, so be sure to check back regularly to see what’s on offer. Poker is the pride and joy of the games on offer not just in physical venues but within the online gaming industry too, with card variants like Texas Hold’em attracting a steady number of players throughout the week, especially within online platforms such as 888poker UK.
Players Club. Both Eldorado Scioto Downs and its sister properties have a players club available called ‘The ONE Club’ which is free to sign up for. Using their card during gameplay, players can earn points, and bonus offers with the chance to upgrade their status, not only at Scioto Downs but sister sites as well. To sign up, simply visit the guest services desk where staff will help you.
Restaurants. Five different restaurants are available at the Scioto Downs casino. So, if you’re looking for a quick ‘snack to go’ before your next game or want to sit down for a relaxed and unhurried meal, there will be something for you. Here’s a quick overview of what’s offered at each restaurant.
- The Brew Brothers. A lively dining experience featuring live music, food and microbrews.
- The Grove Buffet. Choose from seven themed areas within relaxing and modern surroundings.
- The Club House. A fine dining option which overlooks the Scioto Downs racetrack.
- The Dash Cafe. Where guests can grab a quick bite to eat before their next game.
- The Budweiser Party Patio. An area where large group events and parties can be held.
I’m under 21. Can I place bets on games?
Although you do have to be at least 21 years old to play the games, those aged 18 or older can place bets on horse races.
Can wheelchairs be hired from the casino?
Yes, they are available from the guest safety desk next to the main entrance of the casino. However, they’re only available on a first-come-first-served basis.
Does the casino hire out mobility scooters?
Motorized scooters are available for hire for a small extra fee. Or, if you own one yourself, you are free to use it around the casino without restriction.
Am I allowed to smoke inside the casino?
You are permitted to smoke electronic cigarettes inside the building. However, indoor smoking is not allowed here due to Ohio State law. We advise smokers to use one of the many heated outdoor smoking lounges available on site.
What else can I do in Ohio?
If being a gambling enthusiast isn’t you’re only interest, check out these other unique destinations within the Buckeye State.
- Cuyahoga Valley National Park: This is an American national park features a wide range of natural, man-made and private attractions. The natural areas include over 100 waterfalls and nature trails which makes it a great retreat for family and friends.
- Cedar Point: A 350+ acre amusement park home to over 70 rides located beside Laker Erie provides an adrenaline jumping activities for all to enjoy. Not only is it home to live shows and immersive dining but offers amazing summer events to make it an unforgettable experience.
- Cleveland Museum of Art: If you are prepared to go on a little road trip, head to museum located in the Cleveland’s Wade Park District. Clevelandart USA is internationally known for holding a substantial amount of Egyptian and Asian artworks. The venue has over 770,000 visitors annually, making it one of the most visited museums in the world, an opportunity you should not miss.